The mission of Royal Rangers coincides with the mission of the church, as given by Christ in Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV) - Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”The mission of Royal Rangers is to provide churches with a platform to evangelize boys for Christ, equip them to become the next generation of Christlike men, and empower them for service as lifelong servant leaders.
EVANGELIZE - We will reach the world with Gospel of Jesus Christ by bringing together a community of men and boys who will connect with others through a variety of activities guys commonly enjoy.
EQUIP - We will train and resource our adult and junior leaders to effectively apply the Royal Rangers program within their areas of responsibility.
EMPOWER - We will provide opportunities for men and boys to improve their churches and communities through the practice of servant leadership.
YouBoys learn to study and apply what the Bible says about integrity, doctrine, biblical worldview, cultural issues and manhood. In addition, the Royal Rangers ministry molds boys into servant leaders, teaching them vital social, equipping, attitude, leadership and service skills.
UsWe provide men with the tools to model Christlike manhood as they mentor boys on a Bible-based, Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered journey to maturity in the faith.
HimEvery meeting, outing or service activity is designed to encourage boys and young men in their walk with God.
Our Mentoring Process
The Royal Rangers program is built on the premise that learning should be fun and interactive. Learning in Royal Rangers therefore follows a “hear-see-do-teach” mentoring process where boys hear instruction on a topic, sees the skill demonstrated, and are given the opportunity to do it themselves. Then, as their skills improve, they are given the opportunity to teach others, further developing their own understanding of the material.
The Ideals of Royal Rangers
The ideals of Royal Rangers represent the core principles by which we are defined. Our ideals are reflected in our pledge, code, motto, and the points of our emblem.
The Royal Rangers Pledge
"With God’s help, I will do my best to serve God, my church, and my fellowman; to live by the Ranger Code; to make the Golden Rule my daily rule."
The Royal Rangers Code
A Royal Ranger is:
- ALERT - He is mentally, physically, and spiritually alert.
- CLEAN - He is clean in body, mind, and speech.
- HONEST - He does not lie, cheat, or steal.
- COURAGEOUS - He is brave in spite of danger, criticism, or threats.
- LOYAL - He is faithful to his church, family, outpost, and friends.
- COURTEOUS - He is polite, kind, and thoughtful.
- OBEDIENT - He obeys his parents, leaders, and those in authority.
- SPIRITUAL - He prays, reads the Bible, and witnesses.
The Royal Rangers Motto
“Ready” - Meaning of Motto: Ready for anything! Ready to work, play, serve, worship, live, and obey God’s Word.
The Golden Rule
"In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.” (Matthew 7:12 NIV).
The Points of the Royal Rangers Emblem
The design of the Royal Rangers Emblem is based on the points of a compass to represent the direction and pathway God has given us through His Holy Word. The colors of the points have the following meaning:
- The four GOLD points represent the four ways a boy grows. The Royal Rangers program has been designed to help boys grow mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially, following the example of Jesus Christ in Luke 2:52.
- The four RED points represent the four core beliefs of the Church: Salvation, Baptism in the Holy Spirit, Divine Healing, and the Second Coming of Christ.
- The eight BLUE points represent the eight points of the Royal Rangers Code. A Royal Ranger is Alert, Clean, Honest, Courageous, Loyal, Courteous, Obedient, and Spiritual.